Your Input on User Forums Needed - Only Happens Once a Decade ; -)

Lynn Fredricks lfredricks at proactive-intl.com
Thu Jul 31 09:51:04 CDT 2014

> Hi lynn, I'm a beta tester for steinberg, and they have a
> forum for nomal users, with alot of programs, and a seperate
> forum for betatesters. This one is also devided into the
> different product that they sell.

I believe we'd probably keep both the mailing list and the forums, and the
mailing list would be used for beta testing (among other things). Some
people don't really care for forums (and his initials are RZ ;-)) but forums
do have certain advantages when it comes to following threads.

> I find this approach better (of old habit)  then Xojo, with
> the tags. but I think the tags are better, because of what
> you say that topics may relate to different products and some
> times many at once etc.

The actual forums system we'd be using would have categories (aka
sub-forums), but I believe also supports tags too.

I do like the simpler approach myself as suggested by Johnny - focused on
core products than specific implementations.

Best regards,

Lynn Fredricks
President
Paradigma Software