Your Input on User Forums Needed - Only Happens Once a Decade ; -)

Mike Kerner MikeKerner at roadrunner.com
Wed Jul 30 13:57:33 CDT 2014

We've been having this discussion with every development tool that I use,
and every single one of them has settled on having both because there are
folks that love one and hate the other, folks that hate one and love the
other, and folks that don't care.

I HATE FORUMS.

On Wed, Jul 30, 2014 at 2:24 PM, Helge Tjelta <helgetjelta at me.com> wrote:

> Hi lynn, I’m a beta tester for steinberg, and they have a forum for nomal
> users, with alot of programs, and a seperate forum for betatesters. This
> one is also devided into the different product that they sell.
>
> I find this approach better (of old habit)  then Xojo, with the tags… but
> I think the tags are better, because of what you say that topics may relate
> to different products and some times many at once etc.
>
> sincerely Helge, Norway
>

> 30. juli 2014 kl. 19:39 skrev Lynn Fredricks <
> lfredricks at proactive-intl.com>:
>
> > Hello all,
> >
> > You've asked several times, and now we are talking about it seriously:
> user
> > forums. There's a new website coming along and it will have integrated
> > forums.
> >
> > We'd like your feedback on organization. You see, unlike sites like
> > livecode.com or xojo.com or others that sell an IDE (and add-ons for
> their
> > IDE/compiler/etc), we have:
> >
> > Two Standalone Products (Studio, Server)
> > Application Products ( DB ADK for XXX, Reports ADK for XXX)
> > Reports (mentioned by itself because the same reports you write for use
> > within Studio or with Server you can also use with Reports ADK)
> >
> > What do you think is the optimal way of organizing these?
> >
> > Please consider also...
> >
> > That many answers for one ADK type (.net, xojo, Director, etc) may be
> > entirely relevant to another, with differences being primarily in how the
> > target platform codes
> >
> > But then some people may also have questions that involve implementation
> > strictly by language type as applied to ADKs (local) and Server
> > implementations.
> >
> > Im not suggesting yet one particular way. But I am mindful of having a
> > zillion sub-forums could be very confusing.
> >
> > What organization would best serve the community?
> >
> > Best regards,
> >
> > Lynn Fredricks
> > President
> > Paradigma Software
> > http://www.paradigmasoft.com
> >
> > Valentina SQL Server: The Ultra-fast, Royalty Free Database Server

   and did a little diving.
And God said, "This is good."