Method Field Question

Ruslan Zasukhin ruslan_zasukhin at valentina-db.com
Sun Jul 13 02:39:11 CDT 2014

On 7/12/14, 11:36 AM, "Karl Grob" <kgrob at mus.ch> wrote:

Hi Karl,

> I understand. It is impossible to do what I wanted in this way.

> What do I want?
> Think of a bundle of pages of a manuscript and its representation in picture
> and text. You have the sheet (tblBlaetter) that has 2 sides (recto, verso:
> tblSeiten) and on every side, you have different frames as e.g. in Indesign
> (tblRahmen) to present a text in its original form (corrections, turned around
> etc.).

> Within this structure you have although tblWords etc. If you want to
> find out on the screen where you are under every letter (cursor
> position=manuscript, page etc.) you must have all this information together in
> a very quick way (= in one Cursor - Client-Server!). This was my idea, but
> real ObjPtr-Links are of course although possible.

> I have to mix between using links and search-routines. The ObjPtrs give me the
> correct RecIds of the far away Parents and the database guarantees the
> consistency.

Wait please.

So you want show on screen of some client-computer
Some document, its page, and then
 by mouse position -- show some tooltip with all that info.

Okay.

But you can easy get this right from RAM of your client computer at this
moment:
    * you know which document is opened
    * you know which page you show,

I do not see reason keep in DB itself   pointer T1_ptr in table T3.