Method Field Question

Karl Grob kgrob at mus.ch
Fri Jul 11 03:46:46 CDT 2014

Hi,

I have a hierarchical tree of 3 tables: tblBlaetter, tblSeiten, tblRahmen (always 1:m from left to right).
I use ObjPtr-Fields to establish the parent-child-Structure.

In ValentinaStudio I make the SQL-statement:

'SELECT ptrBlaetter FROM tblSeiten, tblRahmen WHERE tblSeiten.RecID = tblRahmen.ptrSeiten‘.

This gives me a correct result.

If I define in tblRahmen a ULong-MethodField ‚copyPtrBlaetter‘  with the above method, this field does not work. Of course I could make real Links, but as the thing is strictly hierarchical, I could not really use them. I just need the information of the whole hierarchy above the table in question.

Why doesnt this work or what am I blind for?

Thanks for a hint.

Karl