No deployment with V4X 5.5.8

Steve Albin steve at steve-albin.com
Sat Jul 5 12:44:50 CDT 2014

My original submission was never even acknowledged.  What would be my motivation to update that the problem was fixed?  And now, I wonder if the problem is back.  I'll find out when I get to 5.5.8.  :-)

My expertise does not extend to deployment scripts.  I rely on what is provided in the VInstaller app.  But, there was a bug somewhere in Valentina related to this.  For years I would use my apps while also developing.  When I installed V4RB 5.4 in my development environment, all my 4.8 apps crashed because they went looking for those vcomponents.   Looking at the crash log I provided in my report, you can see that version 5.4 and 4.8 dylibs are referenced.  That is very suspicious to me.  An app built with version 4.8 should not recognize newer libs in the development environment.

Of course, this is not a bug that any ordinary user would report. Only someone developing an app would notice this.  None of my users would fit that case.

Steve

--
Steve Albin, Montclair, NJ
http://www.steve-albin.com