There are no unregistered databases

Ivan Smahin ivan_smahin at paradigmasoft.com
Mon Jan 13 23:29:16 CST 2014

On Jan 13, 2014, at 11:55 PM, Mark Schonewille <m.schonewille at economy-x-talk.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I just replaced a database in
>
> C:\Program Files\Paradigma Software\VServer x64\databases
>
> with a new version of the same database. I have deleted the .journal files and restarted VServer_x64. The journal file for the master database is re-created, but the journal file for the other database file is not recreated.

vServer does not open all registered databases on its start. It will be done in "lazy" manner - on first db.open request from any vClient. After that database is open and journal created. Also note that db.Close in client-server environment is slightly different internally - actually, vServer does not close database and keep it open all the time. Meanwhile, it seems to be closed for particular client.

> When I right-click on the localhost connection in the Connections section in the Schema Editor and choose "Register Database..." from the popup menu, I get a message "There are no non-registered databases!" (including the exclamation mark). What am I doing wrong?

Probably some vStudio glitch. You can always do it via SQL (REGISTER DATABASE...)

Ivan Smahin
Senior Software Engineer
Paradigma Software, Inc
Valentina - The Ultra-Fast Database