More server questions

Ruslan Zasukhin ruslan_zasukhin at valentina-db.com
Fri Jan 3 05:34:35 CST 2014

On 1/3/14, 11:58 AM, "Beatrix Willius" <bwillius at gmx.de> wrote:

Hi Beatrix,

> I think below question got lost in the website downtime:

Also it is a good idea split different questions into letters with different
subject. For easier future search in archives.

> On 30.12.2013, at 06:49, Beatrix Willius <bwillius at gmx.de> wrote:
>
>> -The basic server comes with 5 connections. If I need more connections then I
>> need to buy more - this is understood. Are the additional connection licenses
>> time-based like the server or are these connections a one-time purchase?

* They will work with the current build version. As long, as it works.
   so if you use 5.5, you can use it 10 years may be...
   While the next OS accept it.

Little off topic to better explain:

* Sometimes we are blamed that we have too many options.
Yes we can as MS SQL or Oracle have only one price:

        Vserver INFINITE - 1500$

But often people want less connections and less price.
So we add more cheaper options for that.

* If you buy Oracle  v11   INFINITE connections,
  then v12 you need again pay. May be as upgrade price with discount.

Compare to vserver:

If you buy 250 connections for v5, then should you then v6, v7, v8, v9 get
as free 250 connections?  Answer is no.

But we have now license linked not to versions, but to subscription period.
So you ask right question - what about these additional connections...

I not remember exactly, but probably that license files also have this 1
year subscription period.

Again this means that 1 year you can upgrade your version of vserver. But
later it can work yet many years.

> Another question: how do users do a trial run of my software with Valentina
> server? Do they need to apply for the demo license of Valentina Server? But
> then how does this work together with the signature of the server that I use
> in my software?

Since you talk about signature -- then we talk about VDN
and Valentina Embedded Server.

TRIAL of your software -- I think is your care.
It you should decide what show in the trial and how.

=======
Look,  end user can throw out YOUR  license_emb file,
And drop own demo license file with 5 connections.
But what he wins?  Your license/emb also gives 5 connections.

End user can buy self from Paradigmae.g. 250 or infinite license file.
And replace your license_emb.  In this case THAT company get in fact
kind of Valentina Office Server (yes old name).

But as VDN user you can buy from us that INF for 399$ and re-sale to them
for e.g. 800$  i.e. Your users should prefer to buy from you.