New Paradigma Website; Your Feedback Wanted

Ruslan Zasukhin ruslan_zasukhin at valentina-db.com
Wed Dec 24 02:13:19 CST 2014

On 12/17/14, 11:30 AM, "Beatrix Willius from Moth Software"
<mail at beatrixwillius.de> wrote:

> Licensing is the core differentiation.

Imagine a user who wants to
> investigate databases. His/her most important questions: what do I need to
> buy? For Xojo etc the question is relatively easy to answer. For your server
> the terminology is rather confusing.

> Take the latest Omegabundle. It only
> says "server". I thought to myself: oh great, this time finally something that
> I can buy. Only because I have this suspicious nature I asked Jochen Peters if
> Omegabundle has server or the in-house server. When he confirmed that only the
> in-house server was in the Omegabundle I was very relieved because I had
> almost bought the thing.

Hi Beatrix,

In fact if you look on Oracle, MS SQL, and any other commercial DB SERVER,
You will see that they sale

    SERVER - 1 copy --   $$$  e.g. 4K-8K$ for MS SQL

If you want install server on 10 computers,
You need 10 copies.

This is rule for last 40 years in DBMS vendors.
Very simple rule.

==========
And only when some APP developer, comes and say
     I want to develop OWN app around your DB Server,
     and I hope it will be sold in 1000 copies,
     this will be  4K * 1000 copies = 4 millions
     to expensive ... Right?

So APP developer says, like do in shops
    Hey, I am going to buy a lots.
    Can you provide discount for such sales?
     So DB Vendors provide usually special
        discount prices  for OEM sales.

Very simple story and very simple rules.

I don't know why this cause confusing so often.

* 1 COPY - standard price of VSERVER

* Many copies to sale?
      --> Embedded Server with HUGE discounts.

If somebody want to re-sale Valentina Studio,
he also can get volume discount.