Corrupted database

Ivan Smahin ivan_smahin at paradigmasoft.com
Fri Dec 12 06:41:19 CST 2014

On Dec 11, 2014, at 12:26, Mark Schonewille <m.schonewille at economy-x-talk.com> wrote:

> Hi Francois,
>
> I'm having similar problems all the time. I use Valentina for development only. Every now and then, it appears something is wrong. Today, after executing "USE DATABASE databasename" in Valentina Studio, I got error 0x71000.
>
> Beats me wha 0x71000 means. I really would like to see more verbose errors or at least a simple way to look up meanings and possible causes of these cryptical error codes.

It is ERR_SQL_PARSER_ERROR.
It means sql-parser was not able to parse your sql-statement. It is not semantic but syntax error.

BTW, you can get error descriptions (and more) via SQL:
SHOW VERRORS;

If you see no error messages there then something wrong with Valentina resources:
Valentina Studio.app/Contents/vcomponents/vresources/en/kernel_errors.xml
Valentina Studio.app/Contents/vcomponents/vresources/en/sql_errors.xml

Probably it was deleted or changed?
What vStudio version do you use?

> I spent several ours checking my database, my programming code and my SQL syntax until I finally decided to delete the master database. After deleting the master database, everything worked fine.

So we are speaking of database under vServer?
It sounds weird. Are you sure your HDD is ok?

> Apparently, the master database is extremely prone to getting corrupt. "Extremely" because in all those years, mabe a decade, that I use MySQL and SQLite, this has never happened to me, but with Valentina this happens to me continuously.

What are you doing with master?
Could you be more specific?

Ivan Smahin
Senior Software Engineer