MT

Ivan Smahin ivan_smahin at paradigmasoft.com
Sun Apr 6 01:46:37 CDT 2014

On Apr 6, 2014, at 12:43 AM, Mark Schonewille <m.schonewille at economy-x-talk.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I see there's now a file vserver_mt_x64_5_win.exe available for download. What does "MT" mean?

MT is for "multi-threading". Sure, regular vServer is multithreaded as well but "_MT" employs better synching models.
Technically, it is about to improve vServer with short-time mutexes, thread-local-storage, locks-free, wait-free approaches and so on to make it more speedy and responsive.
In other words - if you have a lot of similarly running vclients and want to get better performance you should try this kind of vServer.

Ivan Smahin
Senior Software Engineer
Paradigma Software, Inc
Valentina - The Ultra-Fast Database