VDatabase versus VRBDataBase

Joseph Morgan joseph at checkos.com
Mon Sep 30 14:18:00 CDT 2013

Thank you Ruslan,

I believe people would be more interested in using V4RB. And I have experienced that it is almost a drop in replacement for sqllite.

I modified the example tools module that you ship with the ADK for Xojo The version I made is very easy to open existing valentina data base on server or local. If you are interested, I can send it to you to check out and modify as you wish. I will also post on Xojo forum that if someone wants the module, I can send to them.

Example of method to open and use db:

dim myVRBdatabase as VRBdatabase
myVRBdatabase = StartVRBdb(all the parameters here)
myVRBdatabase.sqlselect("Select * from myTable)

Let me know if you want me to send the file over to you :)

Also I can think of one potential problem in the way VRBDatabase is initialized. Example:
All I have to do is Valentina.init(10*1024*1024, "","","") This opens server OR local database. It works but, I don't think this was intentional.

Joseph Morgan