VDatabase versus VRBDataBase

Ruslan Zasukhin ruslan_zasukhin at valentina-db.com
Mon Sep 30 09:02:56 CDT 2013

On 9/30/13 6:24 AM, "Joseph Morgan" <joseph at checkos.com> wrote:

Hi Joseph,

> In the past I made an application using VRBDataBase.
>
> I was using embeddedSerial because I wanted to be able to distribute my
> application to many users so I was using VDN (if I remember correctly).

> Anyways, now I am wondering about which one I should use VDatabase or
> VRBDataBase. Does it matter? I cannot figure how to use an embedded serial
> with VDatabase. Is it even how we are supposed to do it now when using VDN?

If nothing keeps you will VRBDataBase, it is very recommended to use
Vdatabase, because this is NATIVE way for Valentina DB.
You get much more features.

2)

VRBDataBase -- is our sub-classes to REALBasic's  RBDB features.

In this way, you get compatibility to RBDB API,
described in docs of REALbasic.

Very few people did use this way.

So more chances to get here into bug or broken things.

This way, can prefer only

A) Developer, which already have many code around RBDB (e.g. Bulted  SQLite
db)

B) Developer who want have code which works with all dbs.