open local database question

Beatrix Willius bwillius at gmx.de
Sun Sep 29 00:41:54 CDT 2013

Hi Joseph,

yes, of course, this is possible. Store your reference to the database in your preferences and then exchange your line

> f = GetFolderItem( mVDatabaseName )

with the preferences stuff. In my code this is

ArchiveFolderitem = Globals.thePrefs.getPrefFolderitem("Export_ValentinaArchivePath")

which is then passed to the class that is responsible for handling the Valentina stuff. Check out Macoslib for handling preferences if you are on a Mac. There is a high-level pref handler called TTsPrefs or something similar.

On 29.09.2013, at 07:25, Joseph Morgan <joseph at checkos.com> wrote:

> Thank you for responding.
> Is there a way around using the open dialog? I was hoping to open the database automatically in app.open so the user does not have to find the files each time but still store the files in another folder.
>
> OpenDialog returns a folder item so does GetFolderItem. It seams like we should be able to use either one to get the same result.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen/Regards

Trixi Willius

http://www.mothsoftware.com
Mail Archiver X: The email archiving solution for professionals