[FAQ] Valentina Server connection from Livecode different platforms

Ruslan Zasukhin ruslan_zasukhin at valentina-db.com
Fri Oct 25 01:41:19 CDT 2013

On 10/22/13, 7:11 PM, "Marek Niesiobedzki" <nm at studionm.pl> wrote:

Hi Marek,

> Hi Ruslan,
>
> I plan to use Valentina Server for Livecode applications. I'm developing on
> Mac computer, and without using Valentina I can make them for Mac, PC and
> Linux. But have problem when I'd like to use VServer. On my install on Mac
> computer I have only Mac drivers for Valentina, so I can't save standalones
> for other platforms.

Yes ... For now ...

Although can be tuned ... See below.

> Can I install Valentina software on PC and just copy drivers to my Mac
> computer to have possibility to make PC standalones, or I must make PC
> standalone on PC computer?

Exactly ....

Short explain:

1) How works LiveCode and its externals last years...

We create with the help of V4REV_Install script
Special folder in the

  HOME/Documents/My LiveCode/Externals

And put here drivers for HOST-OS.

But Livecode can use yet (not sure in name)

  HOME/Documents/My LiveCode/Deployment/External

And here can be places externals for other OS.

I think this should be described in public docs of LiveCode.

So it should be possible create such folder and copy here externals from
Windows and Linux ...

All this by docs of LiveCode..

2) I think, that now we can try improve our archives of V4REV
To provide this folder from the box!!

Because now we have made virtual machines for each OS,
which can do cooperation.

I put this on TODO list.

3) please note, that after point1), you will be able compile on MAC, e.g.
WIN build ...

You still will need copy inside DLLs from vcomponents folder as described in
Valentina WIKI on page
      V4RB / Manual / Deployment / Windows