Close all databases - tutorial - book

Mark Schonewille m.schonewille at economy-x-talk.com
Tue Oct 15 11:24:22 CDT 2013

Hi Ruslan,

- the turorial contains a "collectPains" handler, which is really too
much for a starting Valentina user and which is also superfluous. In a
tutorial like this, there shouldn't be such a handler.

- the tutorial doesn't tell me how to use VServer. Nada.

- the tutorial is in the wrong order. Is starts with opening and closing
a database and continues with creating an interface. When you read a
first step-by-step tutorial, you don't want to read about a creating an
interface. You want to know: a) create connection, b) create or open
database, c) do the most simple query you can thing of, d) close the
database, e) close the connection, f) you can repeat this as often as
you like without getting in trouble. It is very important that you do
this in exactly this order without adding stuff that is not necessary in
the very first tutorial.

- the query in step 5, using vDatabase_Table() and other functions
really is something that you'd write in another tutorial, for people who
already comprehend the first tutorial

- there's lots and lots of info about navigating records and when you're
starting with Valentina, you don't even understand why you'd need that
and there are no explanation of why you'd need that.

- step 6 shouldn't be there either. This isn't something for starters.

- The tutorial should finish with step "Closing Connections and Databases".

- Tutorial 2 should also explain that only 5 connections can be made and
how you can make sure that an application uses only one connections.

Yes, send me your postal mail. I'll send you my book.

Mark Schonewille

Homepage: http://economy-x-talk.com
KvK: 50277553

http://qery.us/3fi