Old apps crashing after install of V4RB 5.4.3

Ruslan Zasukhin ruslan_zasukhin at valentina-db.com
Thu Oct 10 17:41:21 CDT 2013

On 10/10/13 12:35 AM, "Steve Albin" <steve at steve-albin.com> wrote:

> I have 3 different apps that I've created with V4RB 4.8.1.  I've recently
> installed V4RB 5.4.3 on my machine with the plans to upgrade these apps.
> Development is going along fine, but I just tried to run one of the production
> apps and it hard crashed as soon as I tried to open my database.
>
> My first thought was that maybe I was running the app without the vcomponents
> bundled so it was trying to run with the new ones.  But I downloaded a fresh
> copy of my app that I know many users successfully use, and it too crashes the
> same way.
>
> On a hunch, I removed the current vcomponents folder from /usr/local/lib/ and
> now the old app runs just fine.
>
> What am I not understanding here?  It appears to me that my 4.8.1 apps are
> looking for something in the /usr/local/lib/vcomponents folder before looking
> for the vcomponents bundled in the app.  Am I seeing this correct?
>
> Running on MacBook Pro 10.7.5.

Hi Steve,

If this happens, then I afraid trouble is in OS X itself

======
Please check crash log ... Any

OS X shows there paths to actually loaded DYLIBS by app.
I think you will see that they are loaded from   vcomponents

======
3) I believe that in our code we at first check app folders
Then only go to vcomponents