Old apps crashing after install of V4RB 5.4.3

Steve Albin steve at steve-albin.com
Wed Oct 9 16:35:08 CDT 2013

I have 3 different apps that I've created with V4RB 4.8.1.  I've recently installed V4RB 5.4.3 on my machine with the plans to upgrade these apps.  Development is going along fine, but I just tried to run one of the production apps and it hard crashed as soon as I tried to open my database.

My first thought was that maybe I was running the app without the vcomponents bundled so it was trying to run with the new ones.  But I downloaded a fresh copy of my app that I know many users successfully use, and it too crashes the same way.

On a hunch, I removed the current vcomponents folder from /usr/local/lib/ and now the old app runs just fine.

What am I not understanding here?  It appears to me that my 4.8.1 apps are looking for something in the /usr/local/lib/vcomponents folder before looking for the vcomponents bundled in the app.  Am I seeing this correct?

Running on MacBook Pro 10.7.5.

Steve

--
Steve Albin, Montclair, NJ