ERROR 0x82504 -- Get Vserver Version - FAQ added

Ruslan Zasukhin ruslan_zasukhin at valentina-db.com
Sun Oct 6 13:55:38 CDT 2013

On 10/6/13 7:05 PM, "william humphrey" <bill at bluewatermaritime.com> wrote:

Hi William,

> Will you have specific ones for LiveCode install later?

<http://www.valentina-db.com/docs/dokuwiki/v5/doku.php?id=valentina:products
:adk:v4rev:howto:databases_from_zero:databases_from_zero>

What about THIS tutorial for LiveCode ?
Does it explains IN PICTURES points you mention below?
For example, where is Paradigma folder?

I have spend today time in wiki,
And I was wondered HOW MANY docs we have and for REALBasic, and for
Livecode.

But it seems people only like to complain that no docs,
while they are here...

===================
William, you somehow mixed many points together.

> The Livecode
> installation is fairly complex as you have to be sure that  the MyLiveCode
> folder is deleted or doesn't have the last version info in it. Then you have
> to know where to search for that Paradigma folder for the installer,

A) installation of V4REV

> after you have installed vServer which requires that you make sure you don't
> have another copy of that folder anywhere

B) Installation of VSERVER

This is SEPARATE product actually.
Not each V4REV developer may need this step.

> and then you have to get the serial numbers off the website

C) May be you mean license file here.

> and then change the  init file so that vServer won't
> time out when you're using it etc. -- it's a fairly complex process.

D) Timeout also is NOT required step at all

William, this is DEVELOPMENT == PROGRAMMING.
Yes, this is  fairly complex process usually :-)

Don't you do same with Livecode itself?
Download, get serials, install, enter serials, learn docs, examples,
Try - mistake - fix -try - works - try2 - mistake2 - fix2