ERROR 0x82504

Ruslan Zasukhin ruslan_zasukhin at valentina-db.com
Fri Oct 4 08:55:36 CDT 2013

On 10/4/13 4:50 PM, "Ruslan Zasukhin" <ruslan_zasukhin at valentina-db.com>
wrote:

> * Windows8
>
> * installed VSERVER,  version?
>
> * Valentina Studio
>     -- is it able to connect to your vserver?
>     -- does it show just on start your vserver in list of bonjour?
>

> IF Valentina Studio is able connect, and do job normally,
> Then secret is on REV side
>

> ========================
> ALSO you can look into
>   Vserver/Vserver.ini file
>

> Make sure that you have
>   VErboseLEvel = 2
>

> If you change it, you need to restart VSERVER...
>
> With this option, in LOG file of VSERVER should be anything,.
>     connect user
>     open db
>     do query xxxx

more:
    0x82504    "%S" invalid database name.

I.e. You ask VSERVER to open some db_name,
And it says   that it don't know such db.

Okay,

Then again Valentina Studio -- first helper.

Connect to vserver.
* Do you see this database under connect your your VSERVER?
* Do you see this database in folder Vserver/Databases?

Does it have normal  .vdb extention?

======
In Valentina Studio after connect to vserver
Do
 * double click  vserver connection to open SQL editor.
    no need even open any db here.

 * type  SHOW DATABASES

What you see? You see your db_name in returned list ?