Stay connected to vserver with Xojo

Ruslan Zasukhin ruslan_zasukhin at valentina-db.com
Thu Nov 28 01:11:09 CST 2013

On 11/28/13, 8:51 AM, "Joseph Morgan" <joseph at checkos.com> wrote:

> Yes I prefer vTable because I have built Xojo classes around it for high level
> simple programming. :)
>
> Our local network is not that fast actually so I have considered sql but I
> would have to rewrite a lot of things to use vCursor.
>
> We usually only load a maximum of 100-200 records at a time. Do you think the
> speed increase will be noticeable for such small requests?

Main difference is in the number of requests to Vserver.

In SQL way, client-side cursor will move that 200 records at once.

In API way, client computer will send 200 read commands,
and will get 200 answers ...

The slower network, the more effect you get from network.

You should measure this right now for your network to see time.
If it is less of second than okay.

2) another advance of  SQL way is that cursors set automatic RECORD LOCKS,
so you can better work in multi-user environment.