Select bug or bad indices

Chris Jones cjones at daz3d.com
Thu Nov 14 18:31:21 CST 2013

So I did two queries against a server running 5.4.3 server, her are the
queries and the tune-up output:

SELECT * FROM tblKeyword WHERE fldKeyword = 'Monie.duf';

FOUND in the QueryPool: NO
FOR SQL QUERY TIME = 140 :
   DO SELECT : TIME = 140 : ROWS = 0
   DO SIMPLE SELECT : TIME = 140 : ROWS = 0
   DO Single Table Without GROUP BY : TIME = 140 : ROWS = 0
  FOR Table [tblKeyword]  DO resolve WHERE statement : TIME = 140 : ROWS = 0
  FOR Field [fldKeyword]  DO FindValue(Monie.duf) :  USES INDEX = TRUE :
TIME = 140 : ROWS = 0
   DO Cursor Creation : TIME = 0 :

SELECT * FROM tblKeyword WHERE 'Monie.duf' = fldKeyword;

FOR SQL QUERY TIME = 249 :
DO SELECT : TIME = 249 : ROWS = 1
   DO SIMPLE SELECT : TIME = 249 : ROWS = 1
   DO Single Table Without GROUP BY : TIME = 249 : ROWS = 1
  FOR Table [tblKeyword]  DO resolve WHERE statement : TIME = 249 : ROWS = 1
  FOR EXPR  DO Scan of column : TIME = 249 : ROWS = 1
   DO Cursor Creation : TIME = 0 :
   DO Record Locks : TIME = 0 :

They seem the same to me, but one returns a result and the other returns
nothing.  I just re-indexed this table.

Am I missing something?

--
Christopher Jones