Changing maxlength on Varchar causes hard crash in Windows XP

Steve Albin steve at steve-albin.com
Mon Nov 4 11:37:51 CST 2013

On Nov 4, 2013, at 11:50 AM, Ruslan Zasukhin wrote:

> 1) does it crashes on any db?
>     or only yours:
>        a) all your dbs
>        b) only some your db

I can't remember if it happened on multiple dbs.  I am still in the testing stage for releasing my app with Valentina 5.3.4.

I know it is unconventional to make schema changes to a db and also upgrade the db engine, but this is a freeware app.  I'm updating the schema on a number of tables.  I found that if I changed the order of updating the tables, this problem went away.

> 2) what diagnose says?

As I recall, it was ok.

> 3) what version of db engine?  4.x or 5.x?

5.x

> 4) same operation can be done via Valentina Studio, right?
>    can you try?
>   In this way we can isolate your code or engine code ...

No problem with Valentina Studio. I definitely remember trying that, but not on Windows - only the Mac.

> 5) if db is not big, and this is 5.x engine, you can send db to us of course
> for tests. Especially if vstudio reproduces.

Let me try and reproduce the problem and if I can, I'll submit a Mantis report.

--
Steve Albin, Montclair, NJ
http://www.steve-albin.com