Accessing database from multiple computers -- MAS

Beatrix Willius bwillius at gmx.de
Thu Mar 21 11:28:54 CDT 2013

Who will get which money? This is always the question.

So I'll tell my customers: install this free software from MAS first and then buy/install/use my software. And Apple won't get nuts at you because you sort of circumvent the 30/70% split for everything you buy from MAS? Consider me skeptical. Have you asked a lawyer about this?

On 20.03.2013, at 16:16, Ruslan Zasukhin <ruslan_zasukhin at valentina-db.com> wrote:

> What exactly wonders you, Beatrix?
>
> MAS changes only how user download and install application.
> Prices and product line is not changed.
>
> * Each user right now can download for free Vserver/5
>
> * btw, we have drop names Office, Embedded.
>   and we provide now single archive on FTP.
>  but yes, MAS --> means installing Vserver Office /5 FREE
>
> * with MAS user simply will get same free Vserver/5 from "App Store".
>
> * With MAS we will need change to start work without license file at all.
> They have own security way.
>

> * Most probably we can try implement in-app purchase of more connections in
> such Vserver free, although so far not clear how to, because there is no
> built-in GUI in vserver...

> * Your application can be designed quite easy with V4RB to work with both
>  a) a local DB
>  b) DB under Vserver.
>

> * So if user ZZZ installs on his computer VServer,  you app can
> automatically find it and then offer to use.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen/Regards

Trixi Willius

http://www.mothsoftware.com
Mail Archiver X: The email archiving solution for professionals