Lucene?

Ruslan Zasukhin ruslan_zasukhin at valentina-db.com
Sun Mar 17 13:09:10 CDT 2013

On 3/17/13 7:23 PM, "Beatrix Willius" <bwillius at gmx.de> wrote:

Hi Beatrix,
Hi Lynn,

> my application archives email. Lots and lots of email. Searching is done for
> the usual suspects. From, To, Date, Subject are no problem and are pretty
> fast. A major bottleneck is searching in the message body. Valentina is just
> too slow for a simple *searchtext* search. Users expect to enter their search
> terms without any wildcards and they expect their search results in less than
> a second.
>
> I can make some benchmarks tomorrow.

1) Will be good to get that.

2) with all good will, I think we cannot work on this deeply nearest 2-4
months, because we need yet 5.2, 5.3 that polish current things.

--------
Roadmap of new features

3) We working many months now on multi-threading inside of engine to be able
eat 4-8 and more cores of modern CPUs.  Right now we put all efforts on this
new direction, and bug fixes.

4) Also we have many tasks on development of engine in direction of
      field types, inheritance, collections, ...

This is current state ...

Also please don't forget do feature request into our Mantis.
Future important points can be added into that issue also.
E.g. Bench results