Crash with V4REV

Robert Brenstein rjb at robelko.com
Thu Jan 10 04:51:59 CST 2013

On 10.01.2013 at 11:11 Uhr +0100 Tiemo Hollmann TB apparently wrote:
>From time to time I have customers, where my LiveCode program, which
>runs since 3 years crashes, just when opening my Valentina db.
>As I posted earlier (02.02.2012) my db is read only, so no changes
>can be made. I don't get a Valentina crash log, because it crashes
>before I can set the log option, right at start. Most (or all, as
>far as I remember) computers have Win XP, SP3. I don't find any
>relevant informations in the windows event logs beside of that the
>program crashed and some memory addresses. I tried to switch off the
>anti virus, start with an Admin, etc.

You may want to modify your program to create its own log upon
request, so you can track at which point during the startup it
crashes. I mean sth like holding the alt key when launching sets a
global flag for tracking execution. A handler that writes tracking
info is called from a series of key locations within the startup
handlers, and the passed info is appended to a file if this flag is
set. It is important that the log file is closed after each write.

Robert