Crash with V4REV

Tiemo Hollmann TB toolbook at kestner.de
Thu Jan 10 04:11:32 CST 2013

Happy New Year to all (I think you still can say this on Jan. 10th)

>From time to time I have customers, where my LiveCode program, which runs
since 3 years crashes, just when opening my Valentina db.

As I posted earlier (02.02.2012) my db is read only, so no changes can be
made. I don't get a Valentina crash log, because it crashes before I can set
the log option, right at start. Most (or all, as far as I remember)
computers have Win XP, SP3. I don't find any relevant informations in the
windows event logs beside of that the program crashed and some memory
addresses. I tried to switch off the anti virus, start with an Admin, etc.

It is no general fault, very seldom, but at those customers where it
happens, for them it is a 100% fault and up to now I couldn't find any
solution. They can't use my program and tell others what piece of shit I am
selling. Not nice to handle these customers.

Am I the only one who experiences theses problems with Valentina or do
others have any hints left, what to check for? Any system requirements? Any
known conflicts? Any any?

Any help appreciated

Tiemo