Rebuild the index file is needed when opening database coming from or to Mac OS 10.8

Fran=?ISO-8859-1?B?5w==?=ois Van Lerberghe frvanlerberghe at gmail.com
Sat Jan 5 07:43:20 CST 2013

le 5/01/13 14:19, François Van Lerberghe <frvanlerberghe at gmail.com> a
écrit :

> Checked with Vstudio 5.0b59 et 4.9 on MacOSX 10.6.8 :
> All tables and fields have the same collation settings :
>   LocalName = French
>   Alternate Handling = kNonIgnorable
>   French Collation = kOn
>   Strength = kTertiary
>   (other = kOff)

Mmmh, wait, I have another db and there,
    LocalName is empty
    Storage Encoding = UTF-16BE (UTF-16 in the first DB)
    French Collation = kOff

Although I open and use this second db with my software (in witch I set
LocalName in the constructor of my DB class, before open it), the LocalName
setting is not saved in the DB as in my first one.
I've not tested my first DB in Mountain Lion. The problem have raised with
this second.

Is there the problem ? Must this assignment be saved permanently in the DB ?
And in this case where must I put the LocalName setting ? After the db.open
and not in the constructor ?

François Van Lerberghe
Rue Thier Monty, 15 A
4570 Marchin