Handling duplicate records

Beatrix Willius bwillius at gmx.de
Fri Jan 4 08:17:12 CST 2013

Hi Ruslan,

here is the code I'm now using:

 dim theCheckset as VBitSet = theArchive.Table("Message").Field("InternalMessageID").FindValue(Left(InternalMessageID, 100))
 if theCheckset = nil then
   Return true
 else
   dim i as Integer = theCheckset.Count
   if i = 0 then
     Return true
   else
     Return False
   end if
 end if

The documentation is so terribly short. Is there any explanation for what ArraySets and BitSets are useful or what the difference is?

On 04.01.2013, at 14:41, Ruslan Zasukhin <ruslan_zasukhin at valentina-db.com> wrote:

> I have not catch very good your task Beatrix,
> I see msg about BitSets.
>
> May be show code to us based on bitset
>

> Btw, immediately. You try to find IF some ID already exists in table?
> And you use I think some Vfield.Find()  which returns BitSet.
>
> I think, in your case EXPECTED result is e.g. 0, 1, 2, 3 - small number,
> Even for table with million records.
>
> Then better/faster to use ArryaSet than BitSet.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen/Regards

Trixi Willius

http://www.mothsoftware.com
Mail Archiver X: The email archiving solution for professionals