Rebuild the index file is needed when opening database coming from or to Mac OS 10.8

Ruslan Zasukhin ruslan_zasukhin at valentina-db.com
Fri Jan 4 07:31:50 CST 2013

On 1/3/13 10:47 AM, "François Van Lerberghe" <frvanlerberghe at gmail.com>
wrote:

Hi François,

> Hello all,
>
> Happy near year to all of you.
>
> I have a RB project using V4RB 4.3.
> When I move my database from or to Mac OS X 10.8 (Mountain Lion), I must
> reindex the database. Unless doing that, my queries find only +/- 50 % of
> the records.
>
> When I move from or to another OS (Windows, MacOS X 10.6 or prior, or
> PowerPC), I don't need to rebuild the indexes.
>
> Is this a known problem ?

Not sure, but from 10.7 (and 10.8) was something related to
      db.LocaleName

OS X have changed something in ICU library.

Workaround was manual assign of it as e.g.

  db.open()
  db.LocaleName = "en_US"

> Is it corrected in newest Valentina versions ?

Issue with localename was fixed also using workaround of ICU trouble on
engine level about 1.5 month ago.

So yes in latest betas of 5.0

> Must I relate it in Mantis or must we live with this behavior ?

Please try above workaround.

Use your LocaleName of course.