Server questions

Beatrix Willius bwillius at gmx.de
Wed Dec 25 05:00:08 CST 2013

Got a few questions regarding VServer:

- Does the license for the server include an ADK license? Is this the license of the next question?

- Where do I put the serial number (not file) I got with the license file for the Server. The text says

> "This is embedded serial number that you must send from VClient to VServer in the parameter inOption of VConnection constructor method. Please see your ADK Reference for details of VConnection class.”

But the VConnection page at http://www.valentina-db.com/docs/dokuwiki/v5/doku.php?id=valentina:products:adk:api:vconnection_class:construction_methods doesn’t show anything here. Only Valentina.init needs a serial number.

- User management: I come from an enterprisey background where only the user has access to his/her password. How can I do this in Valentina? Are the passwords properly hashed? Are the passwords salted?

I did a few features requests in Mantis for this. More questions to come…

Sigh.. the documentation STILL is so frustrating. When will Valentina ever get a user friendly, detailed documentation in english with proper grammar? And yes grammar matters. Here is some original text from one of the log files:

> "WARNING: Owner name/email are missed in the INI file. It is highly recommend to fill it up to let Valentina team contacts you in case of vServer crashes.”

With correct grammar this is:

> "Owner name and email are missing in the INI file. It’s highly recommended to fill this in to let the Valentina team contact you in case the server crashes.”

Is this really so hard for russians to do? Am I the only grammar-nazi here? A while ago Xojo hired Paul Lefebre “only” for documentation and as evangelist. The Xojo documentation is getting better and better because of him. It’s really time that Valentina also had a guy for the docs.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen/Regards

Trixi Willius

http://www.mothsoftware.com
Mail Archiver X: The email archiving solution for professionals