Encryption on VServer 5.5 - Ubuntu 12.04.3 LTS

Sergey Pashkov sergey_pashkov at valentina-db.com
Wed Dec 4 04:02:44 CST 2013

Hello, Karl

I've put your db files under 5.5 VServer on Ubuntu 12.04 and connected from
VStudio on OS X 10.9.

The only problem I've met - is that I can't register db, because it has
uppercase characters in name.
So I changed all characters to be in a lower case. Registered db, encrypted
structure, closed db, reopened - it works.

--
I need more detail to reproduce an issue.

Do you get the same error with any kind of key - simple ('abc', for
example), complex?

What if you try to connect to VServer on Linux, as you've described before,
but create a new db, encrypt it, close, reopen.
Will it fail?

Thank you.

Best regards,
Sergey Pashkov