About Beatrix SEARCH

Ruslan Zasukhin ruslan_zasukhin at valentina-db.com
Sun Dec 1 04:25:32 CST 2013

On 12/1/13, 12:14 PM, "Beatrix Willius" <bwillius at gmx.de> wrote:

Hi Beatrix,

> On 01.12.2013, at 10:02, Ruslan Zasukhin <ruslan_zasukhin at valentina-db.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Q1: Beatrix, do you really want substr() search in each word? May be
>>  START WITH ... Search, i.e. Left() will be okay for most cases?
>>   if yes, then you can use left() -- there is FAQ about this it seems.
>
> Yes, of course. Do you want to tell the users who are accustomed to Google to
> start using left and right operators?

They do other tasks, they use a lots of computers,
They use own C++ algs, not just relational DB.

One of solution of your task I have show .. Just rotation of chars.
Exists may be no other simper better alg.
You think Google not use that?  I think they do ...

In theory this should be easy for us add similar extention as one more flag
        fIndexByWords + fRotateChars

Your index will become slower on updates... Bigger.
But you will be able do what you want

>> Q2: you have right now IndexByWords, but it is case-sensitive. Yes?
>> May be index should be case-insensetive?
>
> That is a good idea.
>
> A link to Sphinxsearch is already in the Mantis issue. I¹m already talking to
> them because they don¹t have public pricing.

About Sphinx search, I already have answered.
It not looks good for our tasks.

But we need look deeply on implementation of FULL TEXT in postre or other
dbs ...