About Beatrix SEARCH

Beatrix Willius bwillius at gmx.de
Sun Dec 1 04:14:58 CST 2013

Hi Ruslan,

On 01.12.2013, at 10:02, Ruslan Zasukhin <ruslan_zasukhin at valentina-db.com> wrote:

> Q1: Beatrix, do you really want substr() search in each word? May be
>  START WITH ... Search, i.e. Left() will be okay for most cases?
>   if yes, then you can use left() -- there is FAQ about this it seems.

Yes, of course. Do you want to tell the users who are accustomed to Google to start using left and right operators?

> Q2: you have right now IndexByWords, but it is case-sensitive. Yes?
> May be index should be case-insensetive?

That is a good idea.

A link to Sphinxsearch is already in the Mantis issue. I’m already talking to them because they don’t have public pricing.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen/Regards

Trixi Willius

http://www.mothsoftware.com
Mail Archiver X: The email archiving solution for professionals