Odd errors -61 and 36 when changing data

Ivan Smahin ivan_smahin at paradigmasoft.com
Thu Aug 29 23:05:31 CDT 2013

Hi Trixi,

On Aug 29, 2013, at 6:38 PM, Beatrix Willius <bwillius at gmx.de> wrote:

> Hi guys,
>
> as usual I got an odd issue. When a client is changing data of a Valentina database he sometimes gets errors -61 (Valentina already initialized) and -36 (some file system issue).

Do you mean it is against vServer or local mode?

> - I've got a 2 pass method of adding data into a database. First data is added, then data is changed. The error occurs in the middle of the second pass.
> - The archive is on an AFP shared drive.

Is database on local hard drive or some net shared resource (archive - do you mean a database by that)?

> Mac OS 10.8. App is created with 2011r4 and V4RB from 20th of June.
>
> Any ideas?

In case of "local-mode" on AFP drive - are you sure that only single app instance is running against that database?

Ivan Smahin
Senior Software Engineer
Paradigma Software, Inc
Valentina - The Ultra-Fast Database