App Store rejection - unorm_isNormalized

jda jda at his.com
Tue Oct 9 07:31:31 CDT 2012

>> And since 5.x doesn't have have the ability to normalize unicode, I can't move
>> to it, either.
>
> Aha, so you vote for enabling back this function for 5.0 ?

Hi Ruslan,

Yes, of course (once a workaround has been found for the "private" API). Normalizing unicode is an important function for any of us who rely on indexed searches and have apps that let users enter text from any source (e.g. copy paste from documents or web pages). As you know (and I suspect many Valentina users do not) decomposed unicode will "corrupt" the indexes (that is, cause indexed searches to fail in an unpredictable manner).

> 5.0 engine we building against SDK 10.6,
> But setting TARGET OS MIN as 10.5

That's certainly fine with me. RB has already removed 10.4 (Tiger) as a target.

Jon