VRev ADK + Val Studio = Best Practice

william humphrey bill at bluewatermaritime.com
Sun May 13 19:43:26 CDT 2012

I have another question about best practice. It's true I'm testing the new
betas and one thing that happens when you do that is you get the old
defaults that times-out your vServer connection. So I have to go find that
init file and increase the time but I was thinking.

Does anyone have a suggestion using LiveCode to pop-up a warning that the
database connection has failed? I could see this being very useful say the
server went down. Right now when the connection goes down I get a whole
string of errors from calls that fail. It would be better to get one nice
message.

Can anyone help me with this LiveCode programming request?