Please help with API way of checking UserID and Password

Ruslan Zasukhin ruslan_zasukhin at valentina-db.com
Wed Mar 28 05:50:37 CDT 2012

On 3/28/12 12:43 PM, "Barry G. Sumpter" <barrysum at bigpond.net.au> wrote:

Hi Barry,

> Actually, now that you mention it,
> I'm thinking since my vServer and its .vdb and the lcServer are all
> on the same personal computer here at home,
>
> then it's not really remote but could be considered local.

Yes, they are on the same localhost.

This is normal case for e..g
    (PHP + DB SERVER)   == both on same localhost

> I'm happy with that statement but it should probably be a question.  =|
>
> Since I am using the API way.  Is that the best way to narrow down the
> dataset?

> i.e. find field into dataset1, then find field based on dataset1 into
> dataset 2?

right

> Now that it's finished there doesn't seem to be that much in it.
> So if ya tells me its better with SQL I might have a go.

Just SQL looks more simple in many cases.

    WHERE f1 = x and f2 = y

And you get cursor and record locks if needed.

And the whole SQL ENGINE behind of this do job ...
SQL engine at last of end touch that API ...

But depends also on developer habbits ...

In API it is hard todo  self  join, group by ...
On the other hand not each  task requirs joins when you work with related
tables, and navigation between related records can be more effective...

Tradeoffs everywhere... You need understand that to make right choice ...