[HELP] Can we ask you to find time start active Valentina 5.0 beta testing?

Ruslan Zasukhin ruslan_zasukhin at valentina-db.com
Wed Mar 28 01:55:24 CDT 2012

Hi Valentina Developers!

Today we planning to make one more big b20 build of MAC and Windows
products.

PLEASE help us do testing of 5.0 betas. We are close to release.

PLEASE do not wait for other peoples do that and do not wait for release.
You all use different tools, different OS, different styles.

Its really time to start update your projects to Valentina 5.0 tools.
PLEASE reserve time in your life for this step in nearest 3-5 days.

When b20 will be ready, I will drop one more letter here and on beta list.

You know it is very easy install Valentina ADK and Valentina Server -- just
double click. It is easy enough also remove it -- just remove plugin and
vcomponents folder and return back older 4.9

Or may be use some virtual machine in Paralles or VirtualBox to not break
your existed environment.

First attempt -- just install and try compile then run and fast check if all
right. This should take 5-10 minutes only.

ESPECAILLY we ask to play with 5.0 developers which was yet before 4.9
version. I remember Stan Busk have avoid switch to 4.9, but Stan, please try
now ... We need together make sure that 5.0 will works for you. Okay?

* We should use beta list for future talks about beta builds.

* You can read in our BLOG articles related to 5.0
         <http://www.valentina-db.com/blog/?tag=5-0>

* We have made separate WIKI where we have add description of 5.0 features
        <http://www.valentina-db.com/dokuwiki5/>

* You can see in the mantis RoadMap for each our project to see fixed bugs
and implemented features ...
       <http://www.valentina-db.com/bt/roadmap_page.php>

* Very major feature of 5.0 will be located in Valentina Studio

  * SQLite and Postgre admin plugins.

  * Very Powerful new Diagram/Model editor for all 3 DBs.
     Reverse and Forward engineering of model.
     It will allow save hours and days if you develop or improve db schema.
     It can self create needed ObjectPtr/FK fields, and even MM table...
     You need to see that ...

      We can do things which cannot do Navicat and WorkBench.
      In particular we can mix on same diagram existed db objects and
      designed objects...

  * SQL DIFF -- year of development in this area by at least one of our
    developer. In fact this piece of code tightly integrated into Diagrams
    also.

  * Valentina REPORT now can use SQLite and Postgre as datasources.

** Valentina Kernel major feature is rollback journal with automatic recover
to latest fixed state on the next db.open

    * also we have add ENUM TYPE and Sequences like in postgre and Oracle.
    * We have improve recursive commands to support RDB linkes, SP, ..
    * We finishing now new Triggers

* Valentina SERVER -- is DB + REPORTs Server.

   * FIRST TIME Vserver via its VReport.dll can talk to other VServer or
PostgreSQL and mySQL to get from them data to build records.
     YES, mySQL already works as datasource for reports.

   * TEAM now can work together over diagrams. Exists locks and warning
dialogs in Vstudio about possible conflicts.

* VCLIENT

    ** re-written work with sockets to avoid any hangs on network troubles.