Need compilation help with Valentina 4.9 C++ ADK on Mac OS X

Ruslan Zasukhin ruslan_zasukhin at valentina-db.com
Wed Mar 28 01:06:35 CDT 2012

On 3/28/12 4:36 AM, "Matthew Jew" <mjew at icnc.com> wrote:

Hi Matthew,

> I have been successfully using the Valentina C++ ADK on Mac OS X for many
> years now.
>
> I recently downloaded the 4.9 ADK for C++, and am working my way through the
> usual necessary modifications.
>
> One issue has me puzzled. At compile time, I am getting errors related to
> undefined types and functions.
> These unknown types and functions are normally standard types and functions
> (or so I thought).
> A few examples:
>
> No member named 'TickCount' in the global namespace
> Unknown type name 'size_t'
> Unknown type name 'FSSpec'
> Unknown type name 'FSRef'
> Unknown type name 'HFSUniStr255'
> Unknown type name 'OSType'
> Unknown type name 'PicHandle'
>
> I am using the same compiler setup as I always have; what am I missing?

1) this is types from Carbon.h world

2) what XCODE you use?
   what SDK is assigned for your project ?
   We building against 10.6 SDK
   It seems 10.7 SDK do not contains Carbon at all.

3) we have start already 5.0 betas.
 http://www.valentina-db.com/download/beta/

Here you can find b16 build with VSDK also for MAC.
It is made with XCODE 4.3

TODAY later expected big b20 build.
With help of latest XCODE 4.3.2