RequiresEncryptionKey don't work, V4RB

Ruslan Zasukhin ruslan_zasukhin at valentina-db.com
Tue Mar 20 04:40:26 CDT 2012

On 3/19/12 11:41 PM, "Christian - ChrisKatDev.com"
<christian at chriskatdev.com> wrote:

Hi Christian,

>> You try on closed db or on opened db?
>> I remember this is important
>
> 1)  I init db => new VDatabase
> 2)  I look at for encryption => db.RequiresEncryptionKey
> 3)  if db is encrypted =>
> db.UseEncryptionKey (s, EVDataKind.kStructureAndRecords)
> db.Open (path)
> if not encrypted =>
> db.Open (path)
>
> but for 2)  I have a problem because if I made open and the base is encrypted,
> I have an exception for open and if I have not made open, valentina don't know
> path of my database... problem

Please check our example of encryption.

You need try to open db then get exception that
    cannot open because of encryption

There is special logic, you need follow it.

2)

db.RequiresEncryptionKey  -- as I remember, works only on opened db already,
    we use this in Vstudio for example, to show icon of lock