Valentina Report -- .vsp file format, multi-language Labels in reports

Ruslan Zasukhin ruslan_zasukhin at valentina-db.com
Fri Mar 16 15:56:52 CDT 2012

On 3/16/12 11:22 AM, "Trisha Duke" <trisha.duke at gmail.com> wrote:

Hi Trishi,

> Hi Ruslan,
>
> currently i am using On-Target Reports that create dbr file which is just xml
> file of some sort. i replace all the labels or things i want to translate with
> a placeholder. i then take the whole of the xml code and put it into a sqlite
> file called XXconfig.rsd. In this db, i have a table called tblReport where
> this XML is insert to. And when i need to preview/print the report, i read the
> xml and get  the translation from tblLanguage and replace the placeholder with
> the word from the tblLanguage, and finally write to the dbr file into report
> folder.

Right,

You have build own mechanism to resolve this task. In REALbasic code.

I consider adding this into Valentina Report engine, so every user will get
this automatically.

> so, if i go for valentina report, can i read this vsp file, do some
> translation and then print/preview the report?? currently i have EN, FR, DE,
> IT and some other for my language.

Not promised but

If report already designed, you can by idea read its XML from record e,g, 5,
Then copy it into new record and do all the same to replace lables...
And give other names report_2_fr

After that ask our engine generate report using that name   _fr

Although this means you put hands into our internal format.
We not promise save it ...  At morning I have think may be somebody will
want encrypt .vsp

> Also, i am wondering about print images in the report. i have the path and
> file name in the stock table instead of BLOB. Can i print stock list with
> different image for the stock on one side and text about the stock on the
> other side??

I believe yes.

We can show picture from BLOB, from file, from HTML URL as I remember.