Valentina Report

Ruslan Zasukhin ruslan_zasukhin at valentina-db.com
Thu Mar 15 11:08:10 CDT 2012

On 3/15/12 5:33 PM, "Trisha Duke" <trisha.duke at gmail.com> wrote:

Hi Trisha,

> so far i only have need for Mac and Windows. So i should go for the ADK+ &
> Reports.
>
> i just try the sample for sqlite for vreport and simply change the file name
> from reports_db.sqlite to reports_db.rsd and it work beautifully. RSD file
> extension is simple the sqlite data file with a different extension.

Aha, I see

> Also what to i need to deploy for mac and window if i used the valentina
> report on my application?? and where will these files be located??

With your app will be deployed few our dlls,
    vreport, vshared, ...

They will be copied on final step when you prepare RELEASE build of app
Into YourApp.app  bundle.

> currently my application is using sqlite for standalone application. the same
> program is able to convert to a multiuser by installing cubesql and putting in
> the ip address for the database server in my application and change of
> indicator.

This is clear.

> So i can simply supplied all the file needed to run without
> installing db server.

This is not clear.

... without install db server ... Which?  CubeSQL?

=============
> Would i be able to do the same with valentina???

With Valentina you can do everything that with SQLite and more :)

> i think i might need to use
> the embbeded valentina for the standalone ( do i need to install anything??)

> and then if less than 5 users, can use the Free Valentina Office Server /5 and
> if more than 5 and less than 25, use 5 Connections Server.

Look.

1) You CAN use your own db engine - SQLite.
And use it as datasource with Valentina Report Engine.

2) you can also use Valentina DB engine also if you want this.
Then you will need covert you SQLite DB into Valentina DB ...
Bonus here -- Valentina can be much faster of lite on big dbs ...
Exists other bonuses also ...

3) yes, we have single-user engine, which embedded into standalone app, so
app works with local Valentina db files without any Vservers.

Yes, we have VSERVER (okay think about it as analog of CubeSQL),
 which allow open some .vdb file for multi-user access.

Yes, we need change only 1-2 lines of code in RB code for this ...

4) yes, you can make application using
                RB + V4RB  {vkernel + vclient + vreport}

Which can do everything:
    open one or more local Valentina dbs
     connect to one or more Vserves and open dbs from there
     generate reports (PDF / HTML / ... )

Then you can sale 1000 copies of this app, and your users can start with own
local vdb file.  IF somebody says: Hmm, I want multi-user, you tell them
download and install free VSERVER/5 (5 connections), drop their vdb file
into databases folder and bingo -- they have  client/server DB.

Not bad yes?  Zero additional payments for this scenario also ...
Just important is that user self download and install vserver/5 and get own
names license ...

5) Also note, that Valentina Server is both DB + REPORT server.

You can put .vsp file (reports here) into vserver/projects/ folder, and then
few applications will connect to it and ask generate reports. This means
that will work vserver/vreport.dll, but not yourApp.app/vreport.dll
And this means that VSERVER computer CPU will be loaded.

For example this can be cool, if client has weak hardware -- iphone, iPAD