Valentina Report

Ruslan Zasukhin ruslan_zasukhin at valentina-db.com
Thu Mar 15 10:08:13 CDT 2012

On 3/15/12 3:43 PM, "Trisha Duke" <trisha.duke at gmail.com> wrote:

> i just go to the link and download the beta version. will try it out....
>
> since you mention sqlite db.. does it mean i can used it will rsd file too..or
> cubesql??

Not clear question ...

1) you prepare Valentina Project file .vsp  which have one or more
    prepared REPORTs.

You use Valentina Studio Pro -- Report Editor
 to design these reports.

2) You can see how this report works against some datasource.
Datasource can be in 5.0
    * Valentina DB (local or under VSERVER)
    * SQLite DB (local only)
    * PostgreSQL db  (under any remote Postgre server)
    * mySQL   (soon)
    * ODBC data source

3) and of course you can use Valentina Report engine to embed this into your
own RB application. So you application opens .vsp file, specify ANY from
above datasources.  Report Engine self connect to that datasource, open it,
do query that you specify and load result to produce PDF or HTML or picture.

4) cubesql -- I know what is this -- this is SQLite-based server, in the
past RSS. Right ?

    I think here can be problem, because if db file is opened by CubeSQL
app, then not sure if Report engine will be able open it second time ...

When you use db from Valentina Server or Postgre or mySQL,
Then this will works, because Report engine connect them as normal client.

5) what is rsd file  ?