Shocked to find can't init valentina with LiveCode

Mike Bonner bonnmike at gmail.com
Thu Mar 8 17:28:38 CST 2012

Ok wow. LOTS of stuff in these threads.

A) Barry, I am sturgis.

B) Um.. Yes, it is the tutorials (the basic 2 part) that have the issue.  I
finally just copied and pasted for the first part and still couldn't get it
to work. Looks like the database open is tried, but when it fails due to
the db not already existing there is no fallover to create db.  I finally
groked this problem by just skipping over part 1 right to part 2 despite
having never made part 1 work and bam.  Part 2 DOES cover this eventuality
so I could see what was up. Also thanks to you pointing it out of course,
and being pointed at the examples.

C) I suspect the reason I didn't find the great (and working) examples way
back when is because I was on a health problem flare up and I don't
think/read/whatever even remotely close to an acceptable level.  Entirely
my fault, and when in that mode stubborn comes into play so once I found
the wiki I wanted to make it work no matter what!

I'm sure theres d -- x also but I'm one tired puppy so gonna hit the sack
for a while. Thanks very much for all the help in getting my head FINALLY
around the first steps of getting this all to work. Much appreciated.