v4rev adk help, can't open a new database (from the beginning lesson example)

Mike Bonner bonnmike at gmail.com
Thu Mar 8 17:25:19 CST 2012

Hmm ok Just looked at it and the database create IS there. Sec and i'll go
through it again (copy and paste method) and see if I can get it to fail
still.

Ah hah. K.

There is something going wrong with this section here.

get VDatabase_Open( mDatabase, dbPath )
   get ShowError()  --As expected this says file does not exist.
   get VDatabase_DateFormat( mDatabase, "kYMD" )
   get VDatabase_DateSep( mDatabase, "-" )

   put vDatabase_ErrNumber(mDatabase) after msg
-- added this to check the value, It IS 0 so the create never fires
-- Should the date format and date sep not be set until the end?
-- either way, the db doesn't exist and is no created, because the if
condition is not met.
   if VDatabase_ErrNumber(mDatabase) is not "0" then
      get VDatabase_Create( mDatabase, dbPath, "kDscDatBlbInd" )
      get ShowError()
      get VDatabase_DateFormat( mDatabase, "kYMD" )
      get VDatabase_DateSep( mDatabase, "-" )
      createstructure