wILL LiceCode Server Side Scripting work with vServer Office 4 ulimited

Ruslan Zasukhin ruslan_zasukhin at valentina-db.com
Thu Mar 8 15:50:15 CST 2012

On 3/7/12 6:47 PM, "Bernard Devlin" <bdrunrev at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Mar 7, 2012 at 3:34 PM, Mike Bonner <bonnmike at gmail.com> wrote:
>> valentina used to be part of the revdb external (IDE) but seems to have
>> disappeared despite still appearing as an option in the documentation.

> It may no longer be bundled as part of the Livecode IDE,

Right.

Even when we have had V4REV 3.5,
Runtime have deploy REV IDE  with bundled V4REV 1.11

And this have ause mess after people installed newer V4REV.

We have few times asked them remove 1.11 version from IDE bundle.
And last 2-3 years it is not there.

2) also important note, that in the
    DatabaseDrivers.txt

For revdb driver we put line as

    Valentina4,   vrevdb

So revDB function you need use " Valentina4" but not just " Valentina"

> but V4REV
> obtained from Paradigma still works.  I'm using it currently with SQL
> Yoga (a Livecode database abstraction layer).

Yes ...

> I cannot see why V4REV would not work within Livecode server once
> installed correctly on a server.  I would try connecting using V4REV
> to a local database, and then once that is working, try connecting to
> a Valentina Office Server.

yes