Shocked to find can't init valentina with LiveCode

Barry G. Sumpter barrysum at bigpond.net.au
Wed Mar 7 14:26:59 CST 2012

Hi all,

I was absolutely convinced I had v4Rev working with vServer.
For some reason I can't get the sample apps to work for v4Rev.

Which of the vServer sample should I be testing first?
vServer
vServer_Bonjour
vServer_RegisterDB
vServer_ScheduledBackup
There is also an Install.rev

----

I've read thru all the install documents but can't seem to find anything
I've missed.

M:\Program Files\RunRev\LiveCode 4.6.4\Plugins\V4REV_4\Install.rev
Valentina 4 Revolution Instalation shows this on clicking the Install
button:
----
M:/Documents and Settings/Barry/My Documents/My LiveCode/Externals/Database
Drivers/dbvalentina4.dll
 already exists. Please trash it manually and run this stack again.
M:/Documents and Settings/Barry/My Documents/My LiveCode/Externals/v4rev.dll
 already exists. Please trash it manually and run this stack again.
Externals list already updated.
Database Drivers list already updated.
M:/Documents and Settings/Barry/My Documents/My
LiveCode/Runtime/Windows/x86-32/Externals/Database Drivers/dbvalentina4.dll
 already exists. Please trash it manually and run this stack again.
M:/Documents and Settings/Barry/My Documents/My
LiveCode/Runtime/Windows/x86-32/Externals/v4rev.dll
 already exists. Please trash it manually and run this stack again.
Externals list already updated.
Database Drivers list already updated.
----

I don't recall reading any install doco regarding this Install.rev app.

I thought there was a initValentina(x,y,z) command that was not executing.
But I'm now getting an error on the following when executing vServer/vServer
sample app:
----
local mDBRef
local mFldRef
local mConn
local mSrv

function DoConnect

  -- clear field
  put return into field Field1

  -- init
  put VConnection_Constructor( "localhost", "sa", "sa") into mConn
  get VConnection_Open( mConn )

  put VServer_New( mConn ) into mSrv

  -- work
  put VServer_Version( mSrv ) into res
  get OUT( res )     -- ==========>>> errors here with error in function
handler near "out"

---

Looks like I'm going to have to write a step by step install and testing
procedure for vServer as well.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.