v4rev adk help, can't open a new database (from the beginning lesson example)

Mike Bonner bonnmike at gmail.com
Wed Mar 7 16:43:45 CST 2012

As far as I can tell the valentina_init works fine, but then when trying to
create the database an error is seen when using VDatabase_Open, error is
59502 which I assume means either a) can't create the file or b) file
doesn't exist and vDatabase_Open isn't supposed to create a new file if it
doesn't exist.

I have an old val database that was working and vdatabase_open opens it
with no error as far as I can see so my question is, what am I missing?

I'm on livecode 5.0.2, win 7. Help?