App Store rejection

Ruslan Zasukhin ruslan_zasukhin at valentina-db.com
Sun Jan 29 14:01:31 CST 2012

On 1/29/12 5:23 PM, "Ernesto Giannotta" <erne at apimac.com> wrote:

> Hi Ruslan,
>
> On 22-gen-2012, at 13:32, Ruslan Zasukhin wrote:
>
>> On 1/22/12 2:27 PM, "Ernesto Giannotta" <erne at apimac.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Do you mean there's no public accepted API for this function?
>>> Is it still in draft phase?
>>>
>>> this would mean adding 5 mb to my app sizeŠ (bloating from 19 to 24)
>>>
>>> Well, okŠ no big deal ;-)
>>
>> In the ICU headers IT IS public and stable
>>

> this is weirdŠ Apple complains for the use of "unorm_isNormalized" but the ICU
> method seems to be called just "isNormalized"

No Erne,

Apple complains on unorm_isNormalized(),
and these are docs of this method:

http://icu-project.org/apiref/icu4c/unorm_8h.html#a919fb62224dc5f268e7b1cce2
1c2e873

In this docs you can see that this method is marked as STABLE and EXPORTED.

=========================
In contrast two other symbols, which you have found year ago,
Really was marked as NOT PUBLIC.

This is my letter to jda few days ago:

========
Hi Jon,

I have found Erne letter. He was asked year ago about this two funcs

>>> ucol_equals
>>> uprv_getDefaultLocaleID

And if check docs of that you can see something as

 *  @internal ICU 3.0
 */
U_INTERNAL UBool U_EXPORT2
ucol_equals(const UCollator *source, const UCollator *target)

You see?

They was marked as INTERNAL,

But unorm_isNormalized   is marked  as STABLE and EXPORTED.
So it is PUBLIC !!!