App Store rejection

Ernesto Giannotta erne at apimac.com
Sun Jan 29 09:23:00 CST 2012

Hi Ruslan,

On 22-gen-2012, at 13:32, Ruslan Zasukhin wrote:

> On 1/22/12 2:27 PM, "Ernesto Giannotta" <erne at apimac.com> wrote:
>
>> Do you mean there's no public accepted API for this function?
>> Is it still in draft phase?
>>
>> this would mean adding 5 mb to my app size… (bloating from 19 to 24)
>>
>> Well, ok… no big deal ;-)
>
> In the ICU headers IT IS public and stable

this is weird… Apple complains for the use of "unorm_isNormalized" but the ICU method seems to be called just "isNormalized"

> The use of non-public APIs can lead to a poor user experience should these APIs change in the future, and is therefore not permitted. The app includes unorm_isNormalized from the framework '/usr/lib/libicucore.A.dylib'.

I know I am being pedantic here, but are you sure that in your code there's no call to "unorm_isNormalized" that can be substituted with "isNormalized"?

Another strange thing, they say we're defining a method name that collides with Apple API and suggests to change this name

> If you have defined a method in your source code with the same name as this API, we suggest altering your method name so that it no longer collides with Apple's private API to avoid your application being flagged in future submissions.

Couldn't you just try rename your "isNormalized" method to something different?

Well, since the lib actually works I tend to believe all blame is on the MAS checking system being silly but maybe it will be simpler to just try workaround their stance than try to move the pachyderm ;-)